A comprehensive, no-charge, two-week international basic distributor training program held at our world headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A., which focus exclusively on Lincoln Electric’s North American product line offering. Training is conducted 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily and in the ENGLISH LANGUAGE only.
The Basic course has a strong hands-on welding focus as you learn about arc welding fundamentals and the main arc welding and cutting processes. The program is 50% classroom instruction and 50% hands-on product set-up and welding time. Classroom time also includes considerable product knowledge training.
The Basic course is intended for authorized Lincoln Electric international distributors of all experience levels. Most attendees are newer to the welding industry. This course is also ideal for more experienced people who wish to gain more hands-on welding training.
This program is also open to Lincoln Electric international sales employees who would like the opportunity to obtain considerable hands-on training with the main arc welding processes and our flagship North American products.
The minimum class size is 10 people. The program is subject to cancellation
if less than 10 people register. The maximum class size is 20 people.
Cleveland Corporate Campus
Course Fee: Free
2018 Course Dates (10 days):
No programs are scheduled in 2018.
Next program will be held in 2019
(Specific dates TBD)
The International Basic Distributor and International Advanced Distributor training programs are held on qan alternating year basis.
- Arc welding safety
- Arc welding fundamentals, including types of welds and joints, welding variables and their effects, types of power sources, basic metallurgy, base material types, etc.
- Fundamentals of the main arc welding and cutting processes (SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, SAW, OFC, PAC)
- Hands-on welding with each process
- Equipment and consumable product knowledge training
- Various plant tours
Please contact Customer Experience with any questions at:
- Lunch daily and refreshments at morning and afternoon breaks
- One night’s dinner per week
- Electronic copy of presentations
- Certificate and group picture
- Welding gear and bag (Red Line® Ready-Pak®)