What arc welding processes are simulated by the VRTEX®?
The VRTEX® 360 simulates the SMAW (E6010, E6013, and E7018), GMAW (short arc, spray, pulse and STT® metal transfers) and FCAW (Self-shielded and Gas-shielded) processes in the standard system.
The VRTEX® Mobile simulates the GMAW (short arc, spray, pulse and STT® metal transfers) and FCAW (Self-shielded and Gas-shielded) processes in the standard system. SMAW (E6010, E6013, and E7018) is an optional hardware and software kit.
SMAW (Optional on VRTEX® Mobile)
- E6010 (Fleetweld®® 5P+)
- E7018 (Excalibur® 7018)
- E6013 (Fleetweld® 37)
- Short Arc (.035” SuperArc® L-56)
- Axial Spray (.045” SuperArc® L-56)
- Pulse (.045” SuperArc® L-56)
- STT® Surface Tension Transfer® (.045” SuperArc® L-56)
- Gas-shielded .045 “ (UltraCore® 71A85)
- Self-Shielded 5/64” (Innershield® NR-232)
What type of weld joint configurations can I use with the system?
The VRTEX® Mobile comes with 3 welding coupons (Flat Plate, Tee Joint, Groove Joint) that can be used in limited positions.
What positions can I put the VR coupons in?
- Plate: Flat, Horizontal, Vertical and Overhead
- Pipe: 2G, 5G and 6G
- The VRTEX® Mobile supports limited positions:
- Plate: Flat, Horizontal and Vertical
Can I run the VRTEX® software on my own computer?
How can the VRTEX® turn my welding program green?
Can I use different welding techniques (drag, push, whip, weave, etc.)?
The VRTEX® can be set up by the instructor to accommodate many types of welding techniques such as:
- Push and drag GMAW techniques
- Stringer beads
- Weave techniques – straight, triangle and box weave
How can I save my students’ weld reports?
How do I integrate this system into my current welding curriculum?
Can I run multiple virtual arcs off of one system?
Can I ‘stick’ my electrode?
What languages does the VRTEX® support?
The VRTEX® 360 system includes language support for English, Spanish, French, German, Turkish, Japanese, and Mandarin Chinese.
Recently released! The VRTEX® has now expanded language support for Portuguese (Brazilian) and Russian.
What is the input power and current?
Input current: 4A @ 115, 2A @ 230
Does the VRTEX® require any special set-up and installation procedures?
- The VRTEX® system requires a space of 8’ L x 8’ D x 8’ H (2.4 m x 2.4 m x 2.4 m).
- When operating multiple units in one location, alternate between standard and alternate frequency systems (unique part numbers are identified).
- The VRTEX® system is not designed for operation in harsh environments. Recommendations are listed in the instruction manual.
- Avoid magnetic fields, conductive and high frequency objects and processes.
- An uninterruptible power supply (UPS) may be required for protection of the system from power irregularities and/or disruptions